[RC] Vermont 100/Moonlight in VT 50 & 75 - Greenall

Preparations for the 21st Vermont 100 are in full gear. ?Very exciting is the number of?foreign?entries we have including two Mexican juniors who hope to qualify for the Young Riders Championship. ?We are pleased to have an FEI division to help our riders towards their goal of the WEC in Kentucky in 2010. ?We wish them all the best of luck. ?Thank you to all of our entrants as we have a record number of riders this year. Please keep checking our?web-page?www.vermontenduranceride.com for updates and information. ?Looking forward to seeing you all!

Excessive rain has the field wet in many spots and parking is going to be directed to keep trucks from getting stuck. If you do not have 4WD, park in the lower field! Please bring your water tanks full as getting to the pond might be very difficult. Water is available at the barn from a hose.?

There will be little grass in the field as the hay just came off.

Yes, the trail is going to be wet and muddy in places although a lot of the trail dries out very quickly. In some places we have rerouted you onto the gravel road.

It has rained every day here for the past month, be?prepared-!!?

Crew directions and a map are printable from the web page if you want extra copies. We are not giving out a map, if you want one, print it before you arrive.
Holds are NOT set up prior to the ride so do not be surprised if you drive out only to find an empty hay field. ?

Pre-riding of the trail is not permitted as most of our trail is on private property. ?The finish is open for riding but is going to be muddy in spots so we ask that you ride it only if you feel you need to. ?The dirt roads are open for riding if you feel you need to do some distance. ?

Reflective gear is required of all riders!?

No dogs may be left in camp, please plan accordingly.?

Blacksmiths are available for pre-ride shoeing, please make an appointment by calling Gardner Smith 802-484-5032 or Bruce Hickey 802-484-7291. Do not wait until Friday afternoon if you know you need a complete set of shoes!?

RIDERS WITHOUT CREW - We will have a truck going to Hold #2 ONLY for any 100's or 75's without crew. A truck will go to Hold #4 & #5 for the 50 mile riders. Crew items are limited to the necessities. There will be food for riders at Hold#5 and there is plenty of grass for the horses at both holds.

Sue Greenall
www.vermontel.com/~greenall

?