Re: [RC] Mountain Lions - Truman Prevatt

I remember my scuba instructor commented on why you carried a knife when you dove. He said you carried a knife for when you confronted a shark. I said there is no way a diver is going to take on a shark with a diving knife. He said "oh, no you don't go after the shark, you stab your buddy and swim like hell."

>From time to time, I've seen a FL panther cross trail on my early morning ride. I assume it is the same one since they control a large territory. Once, he/she paused and looked at me and then went on into the woods. It was a feeling of wonder to see such a magnificent animal.

Now you want to talk about something, lets talk about crossing streams or going into lakes for a drink in "gator country." ;-)

Truman

Ann Blankenship wrote:

 If you encounter a lion while you're with children, pick up the children and try to appear BIG.  (or I guess you could throw the child in the general direction of the lion and run like hell....  <ok just kidding, don't get jumpy>

Ann

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan