RE: [RC] Yucca in horse feed - illegal? - Kristen A Fisher

Clearance is a bit of a misnomer. They way this is typically discussed is in
therapeutic levels, allowable levels, and detectable levels.

Eg, bute is therapeutic for only ~24 hours. It's suggested withdrawal time
for USEF is 12 hours. It detectable time can be up to 3 weeks.

http://www.thehorse.com/viewarticle.aspx?id=13653

http://www.usef.org/documents/competitions/2007/2007DrugsMedsGuidelines.pdf