Re: [RC] Round reins / not rope - Marlene Moss

I ride with a bosal hackamore and have some Yak hair reins that are round.  They are a bit stiff but are supposed to eventually soften up.  Horsehair reins are pretty similar (but more expensive!). For most of my hacks I use some round rope similar to the yacht rope and would expect it to burn but so far I’ve been lucky.

I do ride with Bionic gloves (I just had to replace them since I lost one and found them cheaper at Amazon) in the winter, but will not ride with gloves unless I have to because the grip is not the same.  I’ve never figured out how people can ride with gloves in the summer!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - boarding, training, sales

www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com - saddlefit for the horse in motion