Subject: Re: [RC] not just mangers...
From: Michelle Aquilino <michelle.antoinette@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, April 19, 2009 8:02 am
To: ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry, I was at foxcatcher and a bit behind on RC...  =)  I see that this was sort of already brought up, but without an actual story.  in response to the comment that a chest bar is different from a manger, because of the wall...  horses can get themselves into all sorts of a mess, it doesn't matter whether there is a "reason" or explanation for the act.  We have no idea how or why this horse would get it's legs over the chest bar, but he DID, he COULD, and that's all that matters.  Are there ways for a horse to get stuck in such a way in a slant load?  The only thing I have worried about (in regards to leaving her untied while traveling, as some suggest), is her getting under the divider somehow, but I think this would be difficult...  so maybe simply overreaching under it (to get to some hay or something) and not being in a good condition to respond to changing road conditions or turns.  I've been really interested to try one of those trailer cams, just merely for the curiosity of seeing how she's doing, how she reacts to different things on the road.  I think it would give me a greater appreciation for the stress of the travel (even though I try to drive really carefully in general, some highways are freaky bumpy, I'd have to go at a slow enough speed I'd probably get pulled over for, in order to avoid all those bumps =(  ).