Re: [RC] not just mangers... - Barbara Moulton

My seldom used trailer was and unfortunately still is a 1975 Circle J straight
load BP with manger and green tinted front and side windows that you cannot see
through.  Very first ride in it to a 4 H clinic Joy decided to demo the manger
climb for all the kids.  Indoor arena was tiny so extra horses waited outside
when an icy sleet started I reloaded her to keep her dry and went back inside
to the lesson.  Within minutes somebody's mom said "is that your trailer"
pointing at the one that was rocking violently. I ran out to it and found my
mustang mad or terrified at being shut up had climbed 3/4 way into the right
manger- one foreleg was through the plastic non opening manger window of the
hay door and she was trying to jump up from her last hind leg. ( of course her
head was tied as well) I was helpless just looking at this train wreck from the
open side escape door and all I could do was squeak ("get down get down!) Bam
she did it and was down and
standing.  I had visions of a broken leg about to happen in front of me.  We
checked her over head to toe and couldn't find a scratch, duct taped the broken
window and later that day she reloaded and rode home fine. Since then I never
leave her in it for even a second parked without the front manger door open and
tied secure so she can look out. ( that and food keeps her happy) The sidewall
rectangle sliders are always open when I drive as well.  Bonnie only rode in
that PO(junk) once when she was 4 months old for an emergency move and I don't
think she would fit in it now with her long neck, legs and back.  I really need
a new trailer.  These posts have me convinced, anybody want a large amount of
scrap steel?
Barbara