Re: [RC] not just mangers... - Truman Prevatt

The only way to that a horse that is bound and determine to do himself in from doing himself in is put him in a padded cell with nothing protruding from floor, walls and ceiling. Even then he would probably eat the padding and colic.

carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The trailer ties we have will release with pressure on them so if a horse goes down in the trailer, they won't be haning by them.  This horse had gotten the trailer tie to release, he limboed under the divider (he is 15.2), not just the first one, but the second divider and had done a 180 in the trailer.  Thank goodness for the sheet.  It was ripped over his topline, but he only had a minor scratch.

I consider this trailer to be very safe and well designed.  But when you have a horse determined to do something, they can figure out a way to hurt themselves.

Carolyn Burgess

--
"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong

"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken