Re: [RC] Horses that Pull Back - heidi larson

my horse pulls back - I use the tie-blocker with him and it helps, but he's not
"fixed" by any stretch. He's never broken anything to my knowledge and I use a
rope halter.  He pulls back more nervously and not like he's thinking.  It's
when something scares him. I use a portable corral at rides and saddle in the
corral - not tying him.  He's very good as long as he's not tied.  I use a
tie-blocker in the horse trailer too.  He used to try to blow backwards out of
the trailer once the door was open (a huge mess if he's not untied) but I've
fixed that bad habit and he seems to be cured at this point.
.      o o          o o
.    o_ \ \____   o_ \_\
.       o  o    o-- /
.                o   o