Re: [RC] tight hind muscles part II - Don Huston

It does not matter what you "think" Dobbin's fitness or condition is......he is telling you with sore muscles that he is not ready to do what you are asking him to do. Back up, start over, it takes months to heal those huge muscles and loosen them up after you overstress them. Selenium and diet and supplements will not fix overstressed body parts but they will help to rebuild a stronger horse if you give him time to recover and heal before resuming hard training.

How much time? He was pulled on Mar.28 and should have had 30 days with no racing IMHO and only easy training. But two weeks later you tried a 2day-50 and had to stop him during the second 25. IMHO he should not race again for 60 days with easy training starting May 1st. Only after the easy training period would I start increasing the training load and then do a few 25's to test his recovery.

Don Huston