[RC] Horses that Pull Back - Val Nicoson

Thank you all for your public and private replies regarding this issue.? Seems like lots of us have this issue and are working toward a resolution if we can.? The primary things folks focused on seem to be the Blocker Tie Ring and I will be getting two of these so I have enough handy and available.? One will go on our hitching rail and the other on the outside of the horse trailer.?

Fortunately he stays good inside the trailer after one major pullback and he jumped back inside to get his "release".? I forgot to untie him first through the window and when I opened the partition he thought he could immediately back out.? No, he does not madly rush out but he was intent on not staying in.? Nowadays he stays in until I tell him to "back".?

For those who have trouble backing their horses out of the step up/down trailer I have one tidbit of information:? Use the cue word "down" or something similar so they know when they've reached the back end of the trailer and the next step is just that 'down'.

Practicing backing in/out of stalls and doorways was another post I saw and that's great training for general use and trailering too.

Thanks again,
Val