Re: [RC] front stall trailer storage - Don Huston

Those things secured with bungies and a big tub of s#!t sitting on the floor will not be a problem until something goes wrong and then they could cause a lot of damage to your horse. Those bungies will snap and everything will be sliding around the trailer. A bowling ball in it's case on the back seat of the car is a good example. Not a problem until something goes wrong and then the bowling ball becomes a "cannon ball" that could cause a lot of damage to people in the car.

You might consider making a large box out of plywood the width and length of the front stall and 12" or more higher than the bottom edge of the divider. The closed divider will keep the box secure and stuff inside cannot slide under into the horse's legs. Open the divider to access the box from the top. The stall has slanted ends but the box can be square and long enough to almost touch the closest opposite corners of the parallelogram.

Don Huston