Re: [RC] Drafting? - Truman Prevatt

Title: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong
k s swigart wrote:
I must confess I am having a hard time figuring out why I would care if somebody were riding behind me at the same pace as I am (I am assuming we are not talking about tailgating here).

I hate to do it but I have to agree with Kat here ;-) .  Why would anyone care?

 It's not drafting in the true sense in that you are not creating a partial vacuum behind you that allows the rider behind to talk advantage. There is little wind resistance to worry with. If some one is using you horse to get their's go faster - what business is it of yours? It is their horse that will get tired not yours. Unless they are tail gaiting or the rider can't stop talking then what's the big deal?

It's pretty difficult to go to an endurance ride with a hundred plus riders and not have someone riding behind you for some large portion of the ride.

So if anyone wants to come out and follow me down the trail - that's fine by me. That way you can pick me up when my horse spooks without the slightest provocation and leaves me in a heap on the side of the trail.

Truman

--

"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken