Re: [RC] Why would somebody do this? - Truman Prevatt

Sisu West Ranch wrote:

Even though some consider an LD to be a "training" ride, where does it say that in the rules?
That's a point that keeps being missed for some reason.

I have done relatively rapid LD's on 50 mile endurance horses for a variety of reasons.
I've done the same from time to time.  I've even done 25 mile CTR's on a 100 mile endurance horse. I've done two 1:50 25 milers. Does it make it any better that was they the split time for 25 miles on a 50 mile ride?

And my worst sin might be I did a 50 mile ride on a Thursday and an LD on the same horse on a Saturday and horror of all horrors won the LD BC on Saturday!

I guess that puts me somewhere lower than whale snot on the bottom of the sea.

Truman

--
"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong

"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken