Re: [RC] okay, another question - Truman Prevatt

Title: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong
So you tell me that if I am at a major USFS equestrian campground and my camping contract is with the USFS and not an AERC ride manager.  The AERC has a use permit but not no-exclusive use of the trails - that is the trails are open to the public as normal falling under USFS rules and regulations. That if I decide to enter a the ride and for whatever am not allowed to enter that the AERC can tell me I cannot ride on the trails that day. I would welcome that fight any day. I expect I would win.

A special use permit does not give the AERC or a RM control or management over the public lands during the ride.

Truman

Elizabeth Walker wrote:
I don't quite see the relevance of the 'public land' issue in this particular case - a person entered the ride and presented for the pre-ride check, at which time they were disqualified.

2.1.5.2 Equines disqualified by the vets must not continue on. This practice by a rider is considered grounds for barring that rider  from future rides.

Since the rider was DQ'd at the pre-ride check, I would expect that riding any portion of the marked trail at the same time as other riders should fall under this rule.  It doesn't matter that the horse was DQd for reasons other than health - in this case especially - since it was DQ'd for dangerous behavior.