Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] okay, another question

Kristen A Fisher wrote:
Yes, there is a rule against that:

L6. Completion requires meeting all of the following criteria:
k. Not having been paced or prompted by an un-entered, withdrawn, or otherwise unauthorized equine, vehicle or person other than another entrant.
But you would have to establish the rider was paced or prompted by the other riders not the mere fact that the person was riding with them. There is be a difference between riding with a group of trail riders say for a mile at an area like LBL with a lot of trail riders - even if you knew them - and being paced or prompted.

It's not the act of riding with someone - it's the act of being paced or prompted to gain a competitive advantage. If I remember correctly this rule came out of people whose crews were driving behind them in 100 mile rides at the end to prompt their horse to go on.

Truman

--

"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken