Re: [RC] okay, another question - Truman Prevatt

Title: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong
DQ from the AERC event but it does not keep them off of public trails. The AERC cannot dictate who rides and who does not ride on public trails. This even happened on private land so the owner could have asked them to leave which would have solved the problem.

Truman

Sandy Adams wrote:
yet the horse/rider team was DQ'ed - does that not constitute a demand by the management that the team cease and desist? Going back out on trail after being DQ'ed has got to be treated as a violation of protocol and/or rules. If DQ'ed for medical issues (lame, etc) then going back out would be clearly an abuse issue; if DQ'ed for issues of being a hazard, I would think a violation of both safety and sportsmanship rules would prevail. Most entries I have read - and I DO read them:) - have stated clearly that a horse who presents a danger can be DQ'ed. DQ'ed means go away and do not ride anymore in this event or group..... period. I would think - don't know - that sanctions would not even be a matter of contention.