Re: [RC] okay, another question - Truman Prevatt

Title: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong
If the trails are public trails - you cannot stop them from going on the trail. If the trails are public trails you cannot stop them from riding with anyone they desire. However, the RM could have DQed the rider entered in the ride if they could establish the other riders were in any way providing aid the the entered rider. I've seen that happen.

Truman

RHONDA LEVINSON wrote:
As long as I'm asking, I thought there was a rule against non-participants riding along with people in competition, even in an LD.  I saw several people "pleasure riding" with their friends in competition.

And the only reason it bothered me at this ride is because one of those people was on a horse that was disqualified at the check-in for dangerous behavior.  So, the horse was deemed too unruly to be in competition, but the person took it out on the trails with the rest of us anyway.

Rhonda

--

"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken