Re: [RC] re: why would somebody do this? - Truman Prevatt

Title: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong
However, this is not how our bylaws read.

Truman

Michelle Aquilino wrote:
Yes, it is that way in some areas more than others.  But people/rules/awards/etc have influenced this evolution, which is what I was saying.  That I would vote for doing what we can to discourage the LDs being "races" as opposed to training rides.  For example, are there top 10 awards for the 10-15 mile rides advertised with endurance rides?  I would be surprised if they were, as the motivation for them is to introduce people slowly into the sport of endurance.  I believe that LDs should have the same purpose, so there should not be as much focus on placings and running through it all.  Again, this is just my opinion, not stating the way it is or the way it will be, etc.