[RC] is this rude? - RHONDA LEVINSON

I have a quick ride etiquette question.  I did an LD last weekend at Eagle Ranch in Collins, MO.  [Great ride, btw.  Well managed and a lot of fun.]  Anyway, I ride a fairly stolid, placid paint mare that I'm training for my daughter and she walks pretty slowly, so I knew people would be passing us on the rocky areas we had to walk.  But, this one person passed us, and then each time she got pretty far ahead, kept turning her horse to face us.  The horse would start to take off with her, so she'd stop him and turn him to face us, and then turn and go again.

My mare didn't care all that much, but the horse we were riding with got pretty anxious very time the horse would leave us again.  And the part *I* minded very much is that the woman did it at the water places.  We'd come over a hill and they'd be at the bottom at the creek.  The horse would see us, calm down, drink, and then the woman would take off as soon as he was done, so even my calm Paint mare wouldn't drink.

So, is that kind of behavior okay at rides and I'm just out of line to resent it a bit?  It wasn't a huge deal because it was only a 17 mile loop and the mare drank when we got back to camp; just a little irritating.

Rhonda