Re: [RC] professional horse transporters - Karen Sullivan

Hello Vicky,
I do agree with you totally....and that if someone is sending their
horse with an un-lisenced person they are taking more of a risk.  I
have had very good luck with doing this once, with an extremely nice
family who safely brought my horse to me; and treated her like one of
their own...very capable horse people.

I also had a horse hauled down from a "professional" hauler, and he
arrived very stressed, in a filthy trailer....that guy also did not
answer my calls prior to picking up the horse and picked him up a
month late...would never use him again...

I also had a horse hauled to Calif. from the East coast by a pro....he
initially give me a quote of $750 (yes, that is right), as he had one
more stall to fill......he ended up blowing a transmission and delayed
the trip.....but kept to the original quote....he really impressed
me....and I HAVE tipped haulers.

I do remember contacting you to get a quote for hauling down from
Washington, and I remember you were extremely reasonable, and far
cheaper than if I had decided to go drive to pick up the horse
myself!!!  If I ever had to haul again, I would go with a pro...much
less stress involved

Karen Sullivan