[RC] Anyone in/near Abilene, Kansas?? btw Salina and Junction City? - Jlwarabs

Hi guys - I have a friend/client who is an actor. Mike has a job taking him to Abilene KS for the month of April, and he is looking for riding opportunities while there.
It's kind of an odd story, but I have known his family forever, he rode as a kid, but his sisters were the endurance riders. He hasn't ridden much in a while, but has now accepted an acting job with a Rennaisance Fair as jouster. That mean that he has got to get back his riding skills in the next few months. He has been here for a few weeks, and coming out and riding here, but he definitely needs to continue to ride.   He will have several months of training for the job, but he wants to show up for training already fairly comfortable again riding.

Ideally he would like to find somewhere that offers either lessons (he needs a lot of lope/canter time - odds are that is the main thing he will do as a jouster - well - and fall off wink.gif ) or riding time once someone was comfortable with him on their horse. He can pay for lessons or time, or would love to find somewhere where he can trade farm labor - build fence, clean stalls whatever - in exchange for riding time.

The other thought is for him to haul a horse from here up there and find a spot to board short term so that he at least has a horse to ride and practice on some, but IMO he would be much better off with someone who can offer some instruction, instead of him trying to remember things on his own.

I can vouch that he is a good guy - from a good family.

If anyone can help, or if you know of someone in that area and can share this information with them - please let me know!

Thanks!
Jennifer - Jlwarabs@xxxxxxx

PS - hope this is ok here, just trying to post on every list we can think of!  And I figured it was endurance related - someone is bound to need a horse ridden for conditioning!  And I'm sure he'd come crew if someone needed help!

Jennifer Whittaker
www.MysticRoseArabians.com