[RC] professional horse transporters - Boogeyrider

I am writing tonight to discuss a problem that professional horse transporters are having....this is in response to a message posted tonight from a family that has decided to haul horses "for gas money" and posted a message on this network.  I asked them for their US DOT and FMCSA MC.ICC numbers and their insurance info.  The response that I received was that I was being rude in asking and Pro haulers were expensive...below is my response to her.
Some of you out there know me, personally.  Some of you have hired me to transport your horses.  I have received nothing but good comments about my service.  And I would expect that most professional haulers would do the same quality of service, and so I am not bragging or putting my own company up above others.  I am just responding that there is a difference in having your horse transported by a pro, rather than just someone with a horse trailer.  We have invested in our equipment, most semi trucks are in the 100K+ range, and our trailers can be about the same.  So different than a pickup truck and a slant load trailer or a stock trailer.  That is why I believe you get what you pay for!

I am a professional hauler,  Yosemite Equine Services.  US DOT 1750915  MC 641357 .  Insured thru National Liability and Fire Ins for my commercial liability and Lloyds of London for my Cargo.  This is why I ask.  I am not expensive;  my customers get what they pay for;  the assurance that their horse will be taken well cared for, and will arrive at it's destination on time, and in the same or better condition, then when it was picked up.  We also have new or well maintained, safe equipment that is monitored and inspected by both Federal and State officials to guarantee safety.  We run on the road the same as the big boys...log books, hours of work, drug tests, bit inspections.....what about you?

The reason I asked, is that there are a slew of "new haulers" out there that are misrepresenting themselves as professional haulers, bidding really cheap rates, then taking clients money and never showing up.  This is making "horse transporters" look bad.  It is also undermining our industry...our ability to make an honest living as a professional horse transporter.  This is not an easy career...we do it for the love of horses and driving.

Vicky Vaughan and Sandy Blondell
www.YosemiteEquineServices.com
559-877-7100 home office
559-975-9507 Sandy's cell