Re: [RC] [RC] 2009 convention in KY - Beth Walker

Yeah -- and since it is next year, I should have enough time to save up for it and plan everything. ?:)

It really is sounding like fun.

On Feb 28, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Ranelle Rubin wrote:

Boy, This is sounding more and more like a great way to spend my many air miles! Especially since I am missing this year's convention with the move/wedding etc...!

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant?
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com?
Independent Dynamite Distributor?
raneller@xxxxxxx?

916-663-4140 home office?
916-718-2427 cellular?
916-848-3662 fax?

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:59:34 -0800
From: cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx
To: Chipnml@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] 2009 convention in KY
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And Barbaro's memorial/statue should be done by then.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:02 AM, <Chipnml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I've?been to KY 3 times (many years ago),?and it is horse heaven there.? It would be worth it to take a day trip to Lexington to see the Kentucky Horse Park.? I don't know what their off-season hours are, but it's a great visit.?Another thing I did was to tour some of the big horse farms.? You have to contact them in advance,?and their reception varies, but I was able to visit Spendthrift (saw Affirmed, Nashua, Seattle?Slew,?Majestic Prince there),?Clairborne, where we saw?Secretariat, and?Calumet Farm...they weren't going to let us come?at the time, but I called?when I arrived in Lexington, and they grudgingly allowed us to wander the grounds and see Alydar and the horse cemetery.??I didn't realize until I'd read the book "Wild Ride" that they were going through all kinds of trouble at the time (this was in?the?late?70's or early?80's).? Maybe a tour of the horse farms is something that could be organized???
?
We are hoping to get a MN group together and charter a bus down there (one of our members owns a charter bus company).

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters.?Watch the video on AOL Living.

--?
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

-Margaret Mead