From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lori Bertolucci
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 12:12 PM
To: Ranelle Rubin; ridecamp
Subject: RE: [RC] Renegade boot preliminary review

Ranelle, I'm not Karen, but maybe I can tell you a bit about the Renegades.
They are made to where you can easily change  out the liner of the heel capivator. It is made with an extremely soft and smooth neoprene, that allows dirt and sand to fall right thru. The heel captivator is made of a very durable rubber, and so far, I haven't had any problems with mine tearing or rubbing. And the captivator isn't a strap, but a thick rubber webbing, so to speak.
The difference I can see, having used both the Epics and the Renegades is in the gaitor of the Epic. You have to be very careful putting it on, as it will tear if you tug on it trying to get the boot on. With the Renegade, there isn't a gaitor, everything opens up for easy placement and removal. The EB gaitor completely encapsulates the heel and fetlock, the Rengade doesn't.
If you have a horse, as I did, that is very sensitive to things around his pasterns and fetlocks, the Renegade may be just the answer....
There are many differences in the boots, but that was what you asked about, so what I am addressing.
I, personally, could not get the Epic to work for my horse, but, obviously, a lot of people have been able to. It mainly depends on you and your horse...

Lori

Checked by AVG Free Edition.