Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Renegade boot preliminary review

Thanks.   Good point about coming up over the coronet band.   If I bought one, I would probably also by the fetlock sleeve they sell for them.

My focus is a bit different - I'm actually interested in something just for emergencies.  Caisson has standard shoes, and is doing fine in them.  So - for my purposes, I just want something that is easy to put on, and will last until I get back to the trailer or the nearest horse shoer.  With a bit of luck, it won't wear out because I'll never use it.  :)

I was interested in these, since they look very easy to put on, and are available in standard tack & feed stores -- you don't have to go through a special distributor, like with the Renegades - at least the last I heard.

To steer the thread back to the original subject -- the renegades have a collar that goes around the pastern -- any issues with rubbing?