Re: [RC] Grays and that damn 'skin cancer' - desertrydr1

My Anglo-Arab mare who died at 13 (pasture accident) had a big melanoma near her anus.  It was about tennis-ball size when I lost her.  She had a foal the year before, and it never seemed to bother her at all.  She also had a bunch of small ones that ran down the underside of her tail.  i didn't fine any others on her.  I thought about giving her Cimetidine (Tagamet) as that is supposed to reduce their size, but they never seemed to bother her at all, so I left them alone.  I first noticed the big one near her anus when she was about 2.  Her mom, the Arab parent, is now 23 and I've never found any on her.  I never looked real close at the stallion, but I know he was a Spectacular Bid son, also grey.  They must have come from him.

jeri