Re: [RC] young horses - Maryanne Gabbani

Relax. Lazy and slow is better while they are learning. Any horse can learn to run. One of my best horses was considered very lazy when he was young and now I realise that he just had a brain early. He still expends exactly what energy is needed for the task and no more...perfect for endurance if we had it.  If you ask him for a walk...well he does better at a slow trot. Loves to trot. Ask for a canter or gallop and you will get it, but no  running away. Sensible.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face
www.alsorat.com