Re: [RC] Feeding round bales - patty peck

I fed a round bale for the first time ever this year.  The weather was forcasted to be cold and I was anticipating working a lot of long days.

I do not have a tractor or a "feeder",  I had the supplier place the bale on my truck bed,  figured out where I wanted it and back-up, hit the brakes and it rolled right out.  The bale was wrapped in white plastic so I cut "feed holes" in it and my three horses consumed it in two weeks without a lot of waste.  It was a GREAT way to feed for me with the bad weather, (lots of snow),  I didn't stress about them not having anything to eat when I was tied up at work for 16 or more hours.  I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Patty Peck