Re: [RC] Spain: CEI*** Santa Susana - Don Huston

Just taking a guess here but if this 99km CEI race is set up in a similar manner to the recent 160km WEC race in Malaysia then it might be only 2 or 3 well manicured loops totaling 50km that they run around forwards and backwards. My second guess is that they might be referring to a particular 500m gap (hill) which will probably be only in the second or third loop with the rest of the ride basically flat. If that gap is a continuous climb over 5km then it would be similar to the infamous "Bull Dog" hill found in the Malibu, CA ride. "Bull Dog" goes from 700ft to 2400ft in 3.2mi. and is considered by most to be a very strenuous climb.

It appeared to me that the 160km WEC race was possibly 60km of manicured trail and road broken up into 7 loops and run forwards and backwards.
Loop 1 = 29km
Loop 2 = 27km
Loop 3 = 29km (Loop 1 backwards)
Loop 4 = 27km (Loop 2 backwards)
Loop 5 = 23km
Loop 6 = 15km
Loop 7 = 10km
Loops 5,6,7 were various pieces of Loops 1 & 2.
1km = 0.62miles

Don Huston
donhuston @ cox.net