[RC] Spain: CEI*** Santa Susana - kathy swigart

And the ride description said:

> The stage tomorrow is composed of 99 kilometers demanding in a
> scenario that is characterized by great difficulty, because it has a
> gap of more than 500 m.

Assuming that "gap" is altitude change, 500 m in 99 km comes out to just over 1/2% average grade (or 1% if gap is not total altitude change, but only altitude gain, and the course finishes at the same altitude as it starts so total altitude change including the ups and the downs is 1000m and not just 500m).  In either case, I would think even a flat lander would have trouble being shocked by it or finding it difficult.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I suspect that "gap" is something different from altitude change and/or gain.  Because I cannot image anybody describing 500 m of altitude in 99 km as characterizing "great difficulty."  500m of altitude in 99 km comes under the heading of "virtually flat" not totally, but almost.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)