Re: [RC] Spain: CEI*** Santa Susana - Elizabeth Walker

My handy conversion program translated this to 500 meters = 1, 640 feet, and 99 km = 61.5 miles.

If the poster was talking about altitude change, 1600 feet of change is - while perhaps not "great difficulty", I wouldn't say it is "virtually flat", either.

As a comparison, Cuyamaca Peak is at 6,512 feet above sea level, and Paso Picacho Campground is at 5,000 feet, making the climb about 1500 feet.  The Descanso ride, which is billed as moderate, starts at a base camp of about 4,000 feet, but doesn't go all the way to the top of Cuyamaca Peak.  Terry Wooley-Howe can jump in here, as I'm sure she knows the elevation change lots better, but I think it is around 2000 feet.