Re: [RC] [RC] biting and attacking are two different things - Truman Prevatt

Back as a kid there was a good horse trainer that lived about a mile
down the road from us. He also helped us run cattle. He trained very
good jumpers and hunting horses. We used to ride them for them when we
played hooky from out chores. We used to ride over to his place and hang
out. Folks from the city would come out and look at his horses.

I remember one day this man and woman came out to look for a horse for
their daughter. They asked, does this horse kick. His response was
classic Western KY redneck (who also had a masters degree in
agriculture) - "he's got feet, if he's got feet and he's a horse he will
kick." Then they ask if another horse will bite, and his answer was -
"he's got teeth, if he's got teeth and he's a horse he will bite." Then
he said, if you folks don't know any more about horses than to ask such
questions, maybe you should go look some place else.

That pretty much sums it up.

Truman

Carla Richardson wrote:
I'll never forget my grandfather telling me about a woman who was
bitten by one of his stallions.  A woman and her husband came to look
at his horses, and wanted to walk out to the stallion's paddock to
look at him.  My grandfather said, don't get too close to the fence,
he will bite, watch out.  So what do they do ... they went right up to
the fence, the woman had a rather protruding chest ... and guess what
happened.  The woman got a very bad bite, right on the boob.  In that
case, they sure had full warning, but didn't heed it.

I can't believe someone who had a horse that would bite people, did
not have the horse under a very tight control, to keep it from being
ABLE to lunge and bite a person, or another horse, for that matter.

Carla Richardson
Colorado

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil