Re: [RC] Trailer Fire at Hahira - Sisu West Ranch

"... No, not everyone can afford $45,000 or more for a nice LQ trailer with safe heat. ..."

The "quiet" generators of which you speak, cost $1000.00.  For that amount of money you could:

1. Outfit a family of 4 with the best  sleeping bags made.  Those I have allow us to sleep in MT in the mountains in November (even in Feb. at a winter camping class.)  in an unheated tent  in complete comfort.
and/or
2. Purchase and install a genuine, outside air furnace in any LQ.  and just as important, purchase 3 group 27 deep cycle batteries, battery maintainers, chargers, etc. and run the furnace every night for 4 nights on the battery power.  Also with this budget, the cheap incandescent lights that came with the camper can be replaced with fluorescent and LED lights requiring 10% the electricity to run.  This is what I do.  By the way, by carefully maintaining my LQ batteries, for the last 18 years gotten at least 5 years of use before replacement, so I don't buy the stories that they have to be replaced every year or two.  My present set were purchased in 2000.  Last spring one of the three died.  I was not competing heavily this year so we did not replace it.  The two left were plenty of power for a week in the summer where the furnace was run an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.
Bottom line:
I personally find the noise of cheap generators running all night an abomination.  Nobody has the right to disturb 40 people's sleep just because they won't do some simple things necessary to achieve personal comfort.  I do admit that some persons have health issues that require them to live in a room that is 80 F.  I doubt that many folk bring their 90 year old grandmother to endurance rides.
 Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875