Re: [RC] Aussie Logic feed - Elizabeth Walker

 Looking at the tag for the standard formulation, they have:
Crude Protein (min) - 15%
Crude Fat (min) - 3%
Crude Fiber( max) 20%

First two ingredients are Alfalfa Meal and Corn.

They say it is a complete feed, but the feeding instructions are:

Mature Horses – Minimum of 4 pounds per 1,000 lb. body weight
per day or up to free-choice along with grass or good quality hay
free-choice.

---

So - depends on your horse and situation.  I've gotten totally off alfalfa, and Caisson seems a lot calmer for it. He gets grass hay (bermuda and some orchard), timothy pellets, beet pulp, rice bran, and a vitamin supplement.  No grain or alfalfa at all.  (Well, he gets the grain from the Horse Quencher that I use to flavor his water at the trailer, but that's it).  So far, I've been able to keep him in good weight with that.  I try to free-feed the hay (he is boarded, so it isn't 100%, but it is close), and adjust the timothy pellets and rice bran according to his work load.  Seems to be working so far.