Re: [RC] Clipping the endurance horse - Marirose Six

Howdy,
When I lived in Michigan, I often clipped my wooly mammoth mules for winter. Usually a trace clip that I would redo to a hunter clip in the spring. I did blanket though & they did live outside.
This is my second winter in Wyoming & my mules still live outside & I still ride quite a bit in winter. Here the weather is more arid, very little humidity. So, to me 15 degrees here is much warmer than 15 degrees in MI (unless that wind is blowing-but that's another story). Long story, short--I don't clip at all here. They will sweat, so after a ride & some cool out time, I put a rainsheet on them before turning them out, only IF they are still damp. They don't wear this all the time, I consider it wind protection when they are damp from sweating. So they don't chill.

--
Marirose

Yeeeeeee Hawwwww