[RC] Endurance: Qatar style part three - Maggie Mieske

5.       No camping overnight.  Not that one couldn’t camp, but most people (or at least those I met) go home after the ride.  Heck, when we start going, I’m taking a tent and setting up camp!  J

6.       Nearly everyone (maybe 80%?) rides with leg wraps or support boots on their horses (mostly leg wraps though).   I noticed that when wet, they weigh a ton.  I asked Avril #1 why she does this and she honestly said, because everyone else does.  After the second vet check, she replaced the wet wraps with lightweight neoprene Podium support boots and I think her horse probably was the better for it.  Her hind legs were starting to tire and she had started overreaching.  I hoped that taking the heavier leg wraps off might solve that problem.  I hope to hear from them today for a report.

Maggie Mieske
Lecturer
English Department/Foundation Program
Qatar University
P.O. Box 2713
Doha, Qatar

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”