Re: [RC] 100 Incentives - rides2far

Lately I have seen a trend towards riders going *too* slow to be optimal for their horses. When you say it can be done at 5mph I would say that's *averaging* 5mph...maybe 8 mph in good parts of the day, dropping down to 3 mph in the dark sometimes. People need to realize that going slower than your horse's most efficient pace isn't doing him any favors and a 16 hr. 100 may be easier on him than a 20! :-)

100's are the BEST and I wish everyone would set that goal for themselves at least once. I have made every decision I make with my horses with the goal of doing more 100's since I did my first in the late 90's. I haven't finished one on a horse of my own since 2001...but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to get there every day.

Angie McGhee

Save hundreds on getting a Web Design Degree. Click here.