RE: [RC] OK, the scoop on Big Bear - Ginger Bill

What it is, for me, is an eye-opener. I am upset with myself as I could have quit dinking around with my JUNIOR horse and starting conditioning my back-up horse for that ride. I live in Northern California and I often ride the Pacific Crest Trail. I just had NO idea. The rides over by the coast, I just figured would be filled up. I will never make that mistake again, just as I will always have more than one horse going at a time. Hopefully, Ride Management will try and put this ride on again and I'll do my level best to be ready and drag my fellow endurance riding friends with me. Yes, it's a long drive, but diesel is dropping and so is hay up here. I can blame most everything for getting relaxed about our sport, but I'm going to stand up to the plate. I'm heading out for a ride on my underconditioned horse, with my underconditioned body and my fat dog. Have a great day. Ginger

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:11:48 -0700
From: cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx
To: orrinandginger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] OK, the scoop on Big Bear
CC: vascthompson@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ginger this is, indeed, a very sad commentary.  Maybe the answer is a simple sign of what is happening in our economy right now.  The trickle down affect is taking place in every facet of our lives.  I don't see why that wouldn't apply to financial decisions when it comes to our horse needs.  I think people are not seeing the price of hay go down.  And more than like worry that it will go ever more higher!  That would affect anyone's decision of how far from home they are going to go to participate in a ride.

Just my thoughts.

D'Arcy