From: jspoone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Advice on a stallion wanted
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:04:21 -0400

I am planning on breeding my mare next year for a baby to replace my
gelding
when he gets older. I would love some recommendations from the
knowledgeable
people on ridecamp. First about my mare, she is a 15.1 Morab mare
(50/50),
nice heavy bone, big feet, well balanced, the only real downsides to
her are
she has a thick cresty neck and a standoffish personality. I will
get a grey
no matter what from her so color of the stallion isn't an issue.
What I
would like is a stallion that tends to throw a very nice, friendly
personality, good bone and feet, preferably around 15 hands. I want
a do
everything horse so he must be well balanced, having competed in a
"physical" discipline is a must, endurance is an added bonus. I am
not a big
fan of the overly bred halter lines. I will be more impressed if I
see a
picture of him being ridden by the family down the trail than all
the
ribbons in the world. He must be intelligent and come from
intelligent
horses; I can't abide a stupid animal. At this point I am thinking
Shagya
Arab or perhaps some old Polish bloodlines but that's where my
expertise
ends. Any stallion suggestions? Those not wanting to clog the list
can email
me privately at jspoone @ magickmorning.com . Oh we're located in
Michigan
but AI is a possibility for us.