[RC] Advice on a stallion wanted - Jessica

I am planning on breeding my mare next year for a baby to replace my gelding when he gets older. I would love some recommendations from the knowledgeable people on ridecamp. First about my mare, she is a 15.1 Morab mare (50/50), nice heavy bone, big feet, well balanced, the only real downsides to her are she has a thick cresty neck and a standoffish personality. I will get a grey no matter what from her so color of the stallion isn’t an issue. What I would like is a stallion that tends to throw a very nice, friendly personality, good bone and feet, preferably around 15 hands. I want a do everything horse so he must be well balanced, having competed in a “physical” discipline is a must, endurance is an added bonus. I am not a big fan of the overly bred halter lines. I will be more impressed if I see a picture of him being ridden by the family down the trail than all the ribbons in the world. He must be intelligent and come from intelligent horses; I can’t abide a stupid animal. At this point I am thinking Shagya Arab or perhaps some old Polish bloodlines but that’s where my expertise ends. Any stallion suggestions? Those not wanting to clog the list can email me privately at jspoone @ magickmorning.com . Oh we’re located in Michigan but AI is a possibility for us.

Thanks.

Jess Spoone-Raines