From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lynne Glazer
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 10:25 AM
To: Beverley H. Kane, MD
Cc: RideCamp
Subject: Re: [RC] Internet dialog

Right on, Beverly.  And people who post the most here have
proportionately more chances to attract the off-hand response, or that
un-nuanced by facial expression-seemingly contrary-or-insulting one.

You said it so nicely.  "It's all in y/our own sense of self-esteem
and ego fortitude."  In my rushed, ex-military vernacular I would have
just said it's time to "grow a set".

It's just amazing to me sometimes--there will be this knock-down, drag
out battle where it's not just passion for the issue but has turned
personal--and I know the participants FACE to FACE well enough to
realize if this was over a campfire they'd be the best of friends.

I always pause before hitting the send button, and think about whether
I want the thousands of ridecamp subscribers to see my message, and
not just the few participating in that particular topic.  I absolutely
DO limit my written participation here, though I read all the
"save as draft" button because of feeling so strongly about what I'm
replying to--and go back to it later, just deleting it because either
it wasn't necessary or someone else made my points and usually in a
much more graceful manner.

Lynne

<http://www.photo.lynnesite.com>
<http://lynnesite.blogspot.com/>