Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Pull codes

-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Teeter
Sent: January 14, 2008 8:49 PM
To: Michael Maul
Cc: ridecamp

Mike

Under what situation would the code RO-L be used? Can you give a specific
scenario?

jt

At Mt Laguna I came into the first vet check after a very lumpy rocky section. My horse trotted out sound but the vet noticed a slight gait irregulaity. He gently palpated her her leg and halfway down the suspensory she flinched. So I pulled her (and ultrasound later confirmed a suspensory strain). I got a RO pull code then, but under a more precise set of codes it would have been an RO-L . (I could have continued and risked turning that strain into a tear and gotten a "real" lameness pull, but that hardly seems the point <g>.)

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/