Re: [RC] Pull codes - Lynn Kinsky

On Jan 15, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Barbara McCrary wrote:

RO is a code for the rider only.
In?the Mt. Laguna scenario, the code should have been L, not RO or RO-L.? The vet discovered the irregularity at the VC.

But at Mt. Laguna I did pass the vet check. The vet that I was presenting for said the horse was sound and passed us (and by the lameness definition in the AERC rules, she was
6.2.1.4 There will be no gait aberration that is consistently
observable under all circumstances that results in pain
or threatens immediate athletic performance.)

I could hear her footfalls and they sounded perfectly normal and my crew saw no problem

It was one of the other vets, who had seen the horse at other rides, who called me over and showed me the problem that he probably picked up as a subtle difference in her way of going.

So we didn't meet the criteria for an L pull. I could have gone on and my card reflected that, but I would have been stupid if I had.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/

http://www.dslextreme.com/~napha/JoyOfRiding/index.htm