Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Club Foot - Barbara McCrary

What a fascinating discussion!  As for the comment You know, now that I think about it there are very few Arabians I've ridden that WEREN'T stumblers, I can certainly testify that some are and some aren't.  I have Charlie, a 24 year old registered Arab that has never stumbled in his life.  I had Banner, a registered Arab who was so careful on the trail that I would trust him anywhere on technical terrain.  The comment that all Arabs are stumblers simply isn't true.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Club Foot

Well, you're right, I guess--we can't evaluate the "many Arabians you've ridden" to check out their conformation, way of going, shoeing, saddling, your horsemanship or balance.  YOU don't feel steady on them, that's a lot more information.

You're right.  You're not meant to have Arabs, it's as simple as that.  I am not defensive about this breed more than any other breed, just about the broad generalization that implies they probably aren't suited for anyone because they probably all stumble.

Lynne