Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 5:34 AM
Subject: [RC] GFI Circuit Breakers + Frozen Water Buckets

We're experiencing frozen water buckets even though we have them on a couple GFI circuit *breakers* not GFI plugs.  We have 3 water buckets on 1 GFI circuit breaker and another 3 (one for the dog) on the other GFI breaker.  Additionally my husband has also only had 1 bucket on 1 GFI circuit breaker.  Well, lately we have had the GFI circuit breaker tripping and ended up with frozen water buckets.  Yet he had recently put the big tank on a non-GFI breaker and it has not yet tripped.

I realize GFIs are very important in preventing shock hazards to our horses but my husband is about to put them on a non-GFI circuit just to prevent this tripping.

We are in South-Central IL where the ground is frozen rock hard and temps have been very cold.  Tomorrow WC factor will likely be 0 most of the day so it will be a cold one.

Is there any advice or suggestions I can pass on to my husband as to what we can do about this?

Thanks a bunch,
Val (off to work now)