Re: [RC] Trailering, then riding - Mike Lewis

Thank you, Ranelle.  This sounds like good advice.  Regrettably, I'm going to miss yet another ride this weekend.  Wish rides would be done on Sundays, as it is far easier (for me) to leave on Saturday for a ride, ride Sunday morning, and trailer home Sunday night and report to work with whatever sleep I can get.  :-)  I know that creates all kinds of problems for folks doing 100s, but...

Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:19 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Trailering, then riding

Mike,

I have always been taught that when you trailer a horse, it is as if you rode the horse for that amount of time. So, if you are trailering 5 hours, ask yourself, would you ride this horse 5 or 6 hours, then ask it to go 50 miles...I don't think I would do it, even with my (now) seasoned horse personally. If it was 2 hours, sure..as long as I could get there early enough to give my horse at least an hour rest. Just my personal opinion...

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx