Re: [RC] trailer loading issue- more on correcting hooves/chiro long sorry - Barbara Moulton

Joy was the poster girl for slipping with her low
heels and long toes ( and tons of flair)in 2005.  She
has been getting HPT trims since then ( see
equinepodiatry.net for more info).  In Jan. 2005 the
nearby equine hospital diagnosed her with developing
high ringbone both fronts equal damage confirmed with
radiographs.  Just yesterday I took her in for a chiro
exam since being out on the trail again at first
really perked her up  but I have felt some increasing
resistance and in my mind was worried maybe something
was up.  I had been advised to get her looked by a
chiro when we had lots of grouchy behavior back in the
past days of bad hooves so thought I would start there
since I have such a highly recommended local guy.  NO
evidence of any kind of ringbone now- He even laughed
out loud at my fear maybe that was the problem.  She
did have some neck and  left spinal issues ( two neck
involved accidents since I have had her)and she loved
her ajustment- the inside of her right hock was
reactive and the Dr. thought that could be a kind of
referred pain or long standing habit. He prescribed
LSD ( the good kind) because if the long-ago 2002/2004
trailer blow up/riding fall was at the seat of the
hock problem then surrounding muscles/tendons need to
strengthen.  I have known since I got her in 2000 that
her prefered stance was to plant her right hind far
underneath her.  I don't have a single standing pose
picture of her before then without that foot way under
her belly.  Since HPT that pose has reduced
drastically.  She was delivered in a stock trailer to
the ranch after I bought her all scraped up and we
suspect they used a board of some kind for a loading
aid as cedar scented fly repellent made her crazy with
fear. ( poor baby) no telling what her previous
owner/adopter who had her since she was a tiny filly
might have done to her.
Cute ending- awwwww warning-after I brought her back
after 3 very HOT hours gone I expected her to go right
for a big drink but she went very deliberately over to
her daughter's right side and nuzzled her withers and
then did the little love bites down her spine- I think
she was telling her baby all about her "massage" and
no I haven't seen her do that mommy nuzzle/nibble move
in a very long time. Bonnie is over 2 now and Joy
would do that when she was LITTLE and appropriately
nursing not when she became a big baby who still gives
the ol milk bar a try once in while to this day.
Barbara in Idaho