RE: [RC] Equus Resource Info - Karen Standefer

But they becamse extinct WAYYYYYY long before we ever had mustangs here.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 11:24 PM
To: Kathy Mayeda
Cc: Lauren Horn; Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Equus Resource Info

The following is an excerpt from the complete article at this site ( http://home.att.net/~thepone/feral/evolve.htm  ) :   "They migrated freely back and forth between North America and the old world. Highly adaptable, they were capable of living anywhere from the oven-like deserts, to peri-glacial tundra, to swamps, to mountain ranges, to open savanna. Horses were present in great numbers, almost everywhere."

Happy reading!

D'Arcy

<Let me know where you get this source of info.  Maybe I learned wrong.>