Re: [RC] trot thread - rides2far

>>When our little 14.2 mare gets into her "floaty" extended trot her gelding friends have to canter to keep >>up.  It feels like a down shift for more power in a manual transmission car.  All of a sudden you go from posting fast up/down/up/down to up-pause-down-pause-up-pause-down-pause, right up until she pulls her right front shoe off.... and then the left front.  I think the dressage people call it "travelling wide behind" and it isn't correct - whatever that means. ;-P

Well here's a couple of photos of my 14.2 boy if they'll come up for ya. I'm just posting a link to my my-endurance.net page. The first is when he was younger and that's his extended trot.

As he got older he pushed more from behind. He's naturally wide and you can see in the second one there's no way he'd ever pull his own shoe. I've ridden him with easyboots on that stuck out an inch behind the bulb when I tightened them up and never worried about him stepping on them. Don't know why they wouldn't want a horse to spread out. :-)

Angie (feeling nostalgic about Kaboot today)

Click here for great computer networking solutions!