[RC] Ponying - Peggy B-Smith

I went on a local horse club's trail ride some years ago, and a guy showed up for this ride ponying a horse.  That lasted about 10 minutes, or until his rope went under his horse's tail and his horse went rodeo on him in the middle of a narrow trail, dumping him under both horses feet. Luckily, he was more embarrassed than hurt, and decided that was enough trail-ponying riding for that day!
Lesson - I don't think a trail ride is a good place to be ponying your horse and maybe a little crupper training for the pony horse!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA